Hi, Semra here…Aylins mom. Warm summer days are almost here. Cooking outdoors keeps the heat out of the kitchen. Grilling whole eggplants gives them a deep flavor. All it takes is grilling whole globe eggplants until their skin blisters.
I hope you enjoy.
3 large eggplant (Linked Here)
2-3 plum tomatoes diced (Linked Here)
2-3 Persian cucumbers diced (Linked Here)
1 bunch sliced green onions (Linked Here)
1/2 cup chopped parsley (Linked Here)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Linked Here)
1 -2 tsp kosher salt (Linked Here)
1/2 tsp black pepper (Linked Here)
Zest and juice of one lemon (Linked Here)
- Prick eggplants with knife and place on hot grill over flames
- Turn every five minutes until skin gets charred and eggplant is soft 15-20 minutes
- Place them in colander to let cool
- In a large bowl add diced tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions and parsley
- With a spoon, scoop the flesh of the eggplant from the charred skin and add into the bowl
- Mix EVOO, lemon juice, lemon zest, Salt & Pepper
- Pour over and mix thoroughly, then serve
- If you’re making ahead hold the salt until ready to serve
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!