Hi, Semra here…Aylins mom. Artichoke is probably my favorite vegetable, especially in summer. There are so many ways to prepare these and enjoy all season long. I shared a little video below to show you how I get them ready for the barbecue. After that, all you have to do is brush them with a mixture of chopped fresh herbs, chopped garlic, olive oil and Salt & Pepper before placing on the grill. When ready to serve, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice and a little flaked sea salt. Great as an appetizer or as a side dish.
I hope you enjoy.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil
- Snap off outer leaves, cut top inch off from the artichokes with a sharp knife
- Cut each artichoke in half, cut in quarters if they’re large
- Using a small knife cut out the choke and the purple leaves, place them in a large bowl of cold water and squeeze the lemon into water
- Once finished cleaning place them in boiling water and cook 12-15 minutes
- Drain the cooked artichokes and brush with the mixture below and grill 10 minutes until lightly charred
- Mix 1/3 cup lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic, Salt & Pepper
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!