This pasta salad is full of flavor. Loaded with herbs, and lemony dressing makes people come back for seconds. It’s a crowd pleaser and perfect for making ahead of time for gatherings. Trader Joe’s is a one stop shop for all the ingredients in this recipe. It’s my favorite place to shop for fresh and good quality. I did link the ingredients at amazon fresh in case you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you. This way you can get them delivered directly to your front door.
I hope you enjoy.
2 cups orzo (Linked Here)
1 (15 ounce can) garbanzo bean rinsed and dried (Linked Here)
8 ounces of feta cheese diced (Linked Here)
2 cups grape tomatoes halved (Linked Here)
3/4 cups finely diced red onion (Linked Here)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (Linked Here)
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley (Linked Here)
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (Linked Here)
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds (Linked Here)
1 Lemon zest and juice (Linked Here)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (Linked Here)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Linked Here)
2 tsp honey (Linked Here)
2 tsp kosher salt (Linked Here)
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper (Linked Here)
1 clove garlic zested (Linked Here)
- Cook orzo in generously salted water until tender about 7 min
- Drain and place in a large bowl set aside to cool
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans, dry with towel, sauté on nonstick pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil until crispy, season with salt
- Dressing: place vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, honey, garlic, Salt&Pepper in a small mason jar. Shake until blended.
- Place tomatoes, onion, fresh herbs, toasted garbanzo beans and feta cheese drizzle dressing, gently toss until all combined
- Transfer to the serving bowl and serve at room temperature.
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!