Zucchini boats are the perfect way to turn a simple vegetable into a delicious vegetarian main course or an elevated side dish. You can get creative adding protein like ground chicken, beef or sausage too.
- preheat the oven to 425 F
- Wash and dry the zucchini and cut the stem off
- Cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the center with a small spoon, brush generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Place them cut side down on a cookie sheet and roast 15 minutes. They should be tender but still firm.
- While they’re roasting mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and salt & pepper mix until combined
- Turn zucchini boats cut side up, spoon the mixture evenly on each one
- Drizzle over with olive oil, bake additional 10 minutes until golden brown and panko is crispy.
- Transfer to a serving plate, serve hot or room temp.
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!
*The Stylin by Aylin website only links to and recommends products that Aylin truly believes in based on quality, comfort, or other positive traits and may earn advertising fees or other compensation by linking to online retailers