Making a vegetable broth or vegetable stock is easier than you might think. If you get into the habit of saving the vegetable scraps in your freezer you would be surprised how much you collect in a short time. You can use almost any vegetable that’s not in the cabbage family. Avoid starchy vegetables and broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, bok choy. Vegetable BROTH made with chopped vegetables will be ready in about 30 minutes. Vegetable STOCK is made with untrimmed and whole vegetables and cooked at least 2 hours and has deeper color and flavor.
- Place all the ingredients in a large stock pot
- Add 15-16 cups cold water
- Cover and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered 2 hours
- Strain the broth into the storage containers and cool. Refrigerate for 5 days or freeze up to three months.
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!
*The Stylin by Aylin website only links to and recommends products that Aylin truly believes in based on quality, comfort, or other positive traits and may earn advertising fees or other compensation by linking to online retailers