Hi, Semra here…Aylins mom. Easter is right around the corner. As much as we all love the chocolate bunnies during this holiday, a beautifully layered cake not only serves as a dessert, but it could easily double as a centerpiece for your Easter table.
I hope you enjoy.
1 Pkg store bought yellow cake mix (Linked Here)
3 Eggs (Linked Here)
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (Linked Here)
2 Pints fresh strawberries (Linked Here)
2 Cups heavy cream (Linked Here)
1/3 Cup Powder Sugar (Linked Here)
1/2 tsp Almond Extract or 1 tsp vanilla (Linked Here)
- Heat oven 350F.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
- Spray two 8” round pan with nonstick cooking spray and divide the batter equally and bake.
- After it is completely cooled, slice each one in the middle and create four discs.
- Start whipping the heavy cream, add powder sugar and almond extract until soft peaks form.
- Wash and completely dry the strawberries. Select the best looking ones for decorations and set aside. Put the rest in food processor and pulse a few times to chop little pieces. Stop before it turns into a purée.
- Separate a cup of the whip cream for the top of the cake
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries into the whipped cream and divide in three portions
- Spread 1/3 of the strawberry-cream mixture between the cake slices.
- Cover the top with the reserved plain whipped cream.
- Decorate with strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to set.
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!