Hi, Semra here…Aylins mom. This colorful and very tasty dish is a staple of almost every household in Turkey and is called Zeytinyağlı Fasülye. The traditional cuisine doesn’t have peppers in the recipe. However, they make it more colorful and adds another layer of flavor. It can be eaten at room temperature as a salad, or as a second course. Perfect for lunch or even brunch.
I hope you enjoy.
2 pounds fresh green beans or 24 ounce of frozen beans (Linked Here)
1 each yellow and red peppers (Linked Here)
1 chopped medium onion (Linked Here)
1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes (Linked Here)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Linked Here)
2 tsp salt (Linked Here)
1 tsp sugar (Linked Here)
- Trim and wash green beans
- Cut peppers into strips.
Put onions, olive oil and sugar in a pan, sprinkle some salt and sauté five minutes until onions are translucent
- Add green beans and the peppers
- Sauté another 4-5 minutes
- Add tomatoes, a half cup water and the remaining salt
- Stir and place the cover
- Cook 15-20 min on medium heat
- If there is a lot of liquid in the pan leave the lid open last five minutes
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!