Hi, Semra here…Aylins mom. If you’re looking for a incredibly simple and quick salad you’ve found your recipe. Traditionally alternating slices of tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves arranged on a platter and served with drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of sea salt. This time I’m using heirloom grape tomatoes, fresh baby mozzarella and homemade balsamic glaze.
I hope you enjoy.
- in large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, basil and EVOO and S&P
- Gently toss and drizzle balsamic glaze and serve
- If you’re making it ahead for an occasion; hold the S&P, basil and balsamic glaze until ready to serve.
Homemade Balsamic Glaze:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar (Linked Here)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey (Linked Here)
- Place balsamic vinegar and honey in a small non-reactive pan over a med heat stir until starts to bubble
- Turn the heat down and simmer until it reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- After it’s cooled pour into a bottle and refrigerate.
Will keep for months
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!