Hi, Semra here…Aylins mom. If you’re looking for a incredibly simple and quick salad you’ve found your recipe. Traditionally alternating slices of tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves arranged on a platter and served with drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of sea salt. This time I’m using heirloom grape tomatoes, fresh baby mozzarella and homemade balsamic glaze.
I hope you enjoy.
1 Pint organic heirloom cherry tomatoes halved (Linked Here)
8 Ounce baby mozzarella (Linked Here)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Linked Here)
1 Tsp lemon zest (Linked Here)
1/4 Tsp garlic zest (Linked Here)
1/2 Cup julienned fresh basil (Linked Here)
2-3 Tbsp balsamic glaze (Linked Here)
Salt and freshly cracked pepper (Linked Here & Here)
- in large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, basil and EVOO and S&P
- Gently toss and drizzle balsamic glaze and serve
- If you’re making it ahead for an occasion; hold the S&P, basil and balsamic glaze until ready to serve.
If you can’t find balsamic glaze in a store near you you can make it at home very easily. Buy a good quality balsamic vinegar at a price range that’s best for you and follow these simple steps.
Homemade Balsamic Glaze:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar (Linked Here)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey (Linked Here)
- Place balsamic vinegar and honey in a small non-reactive pan over a med heat stir until starts to bubble
- Turn the heat down and simmer until it reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- After it’s cooled pour into a bottle and refrigerate.
Will keep for months
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!