Good Morning! Semra (Aylin’s mom) here…today I want to share a classic simple dish with you. French toast… it’s a dish made with slices of bread soaked in a mixture of eggs, milk or cream and then pan fried. I usually like to use brioche or challah. Also, adding orange zest and a little vanilla in the egg mixture makes it more flavorful and extra special.
I hope you enjoy. Xx, Semra
1 Loaf of Challah or Brioche bread (Linked Here)
6 large eggs (Linked Here)
2 tsp orange zest (zest of on orange) (Linked Here)
1 Tbsp honey (Linked Here)
1 tsp vanilla extract (Linked Here)
1 1/2 cups whole milk or half-and-half (Linked Here)
1/2 tsp salt (Linked Here)
- In a large shallow bowl layer slices of bread
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, orange zest and vanilla until combined
- Pour over the slices of bread, making sure all sides absorb the liquid and let it sit for five minutes
- Heat a griddle or large sauté pan medium heat
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter
- Fry soaked bread 2-3 minutes each side until browned. Repeat until all the slices are cooked.
- If you’re not serving right away, place them on a sheet pan and keep it in the warm oven. 200F
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!