Hi, Semra here (Aylin’s Mom). This salad is beautiful and so simple. It has three basic components. First using the best fresh shaved vegetables to create these pretty ribbons, then a variety of other fresh ingredients to mix in and finally the simple but great tasting dressing. Once you get in the habit of making your own dressings the possibilities are endless.
I hope you enjoy. Xx, Semra
2 zucchini (Linked Here)
2 yellow squash (Linked Here)
1 carrot, preferably purple (Linked Here)
1/2 cup sliced radishes (Linked Here)
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves (Linked Here)
2 cups baby arugula (Linked Here)
2 ounce goat cheese (Linked Here)
3 Tbsp almonds toasted (Linked Here)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Linked Here)
Zest of one lemon and juice (Linked Here)
1 clove garlic finely minced (Linked Here)
1 tsp honey (Linked Here)
1 tsp salt (Linked Here)
1/2 tsp black pepper (Linked Here)
- Make sure select long and skinny zucchini to avoid seeds.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini
- Using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin, shave long strips starting from the stem end.
- Repeat creating ribbons with carrot
- Slice radishes
- Place arugula in a shallow platter
- Arrange zucchini, yellow squash and carrot ribbons and radish slices over arugula
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, honey and Salt & Pepper. Or put all the ingredients in a wide mouth Mason jar, cover with the lid tightly and shake vigorously until mix well.
- Drizzle over the vegetables and toss gently
- Garnish with goat cheese and almonds and serve.
- If making ahead of time, hold the dressing until ready to serve
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you love my mom’s recipe as much as I do!